It has been revealed by Amy Winehouse’s father, Mitch Winehouse, that toxicology reports revealed she did not die of an overdose
Yesterday her father was relieved in announcing that toxicology reports showed that it was not an overdose that killed Amy Winehouse. This comes after strong speculation that an overdose was the cause, Mitch was clearly moved when he spoke out to “set the record straight”.
The report was presented to Mitch and Janis, by St Pancras coroner's office, North London. The report revealed some alcohol was found in the body of Amy, but the cause of death will not be announced until the inquest verdict is unveiled on October 26 2011.
A family spokesman said "Toxicology results returned to the Winehouse family by authorities have confirmed that there were no illegal substances in Amy's system at the time of her death.” The spokesman then went on to say that the "Results indicate that alcohol was present, but it cannot be determined as yet if it played a role in her death. The family would like to thank the police and coroner for their continuing thorough investigations, and for keeping them informed throughout the process. They await the outcome of the inquest."