Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini is confident his team will sign Liverpool striker Luis Suarez in the summer. However, after signing a new deal with the Reds. Suarez won't come cheap. Several reports are suggesting City would need to launch a bid of at least £40 million.
Mancini said: “For me, Suarez is a top player. I like him as he is strong, he works. He’s one of the best in England.”
And asked if he was a player he would like at City, Mancini said: “Suarez plays for Liverpool. He has quality and is strong.”
Mancini also hinted at possible moves for Napoli's Edinson Cavani and Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao in the summer. Both players are seen as perfect replacements for Mario Balotelli who left earlier this week to join AC Milan.
Suarez has meanwhile denied reports that new Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola has made him a priority signing.
He said: “We all know how important Guardiola is and the many things he won at Barcelona. But I’m happy here and I get linked to many clubs.”
Liverpool and Manchester City clash on Sunday at the Etihad stadium. It promises to be a thrilling encounter as both teams are in need of a win.